Last Updated on March 17, 2021Did you just break your glasses and now you are looking online for how to fix broken glasses at home? Lucky for you, you found us, and we can help you. Not only about how to fix broken glasses but also how to adjust them after bending them mistakenly. Don’t worry, it’s super easy. Of course, the best way to fix them is by taking them to a professional optician to eliminate the risk of making it worse completely, especially if you only need a few adjustments. But t if you don’t have time, live far from an optician, or are just stuck at home, we got you a simple guide to help fix it yourself. Make sure to follow every step carefully.
1. If the frame breaksIt’s common to break the frame around the lens, especially the bridge. If you are looking for how to fix broken glasses frames that are made out of metal, you will not find anything helpful because they require welding. In other words, they need a well-equipped eyeglass shop. If you have plastic frames, you are in luck, especially if you have bonding glue:
- Make sure there is no dust or particles by cleaning off the damaged areas.
- Use wax paper to cover your lenses to prevent any glue spilling.
- Apply the bonding glue to the damaged areas.
- Hold the pieces together for a minimum of one minute.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
2. If the arm breaksWhen wearing glasses frequently, the arm may break or fall off -It’s normal! Most of the time, it is because of the falling out of the hinge screw that holds the frame and arm together. We have 2 effective ways on how to fix broken glasses arms:
- Eyeglass repair kit: